So, I finally caved, and I bought a Naked Palette at Sephora, which I believe I mentioned in an earlier post. So instead of just blogging about how much I absolutely love the colors in the palette, I’m going to tell you all about how I wear the colors each and every day, and which ones are my favorites.
1. So, starting on the far left we have a color called Virgin which is an extremely peachy pink whitish color that has a decent bit of shimmer in it. I’m just going to mention this now, all of these colors when I say shimmer, they really mean shimmer, not glitter. I have no massive sparkles on my eyes when I wear these eyeshadows. We all know that sometimes they say shimmer, but the packaging lies. Urban Decay is not one of these brands. The Virgin color is great for in the corner of your eyes to add a highlight, and right under your brow. You could also pop a tiny bit of it right in the center of your lid to give your eye added dimension.
2. The second color is a color called Sin. This color is slightly darker than Virgin, but in the same color palette, so it can be used for similar functions as Virgin depending how dark your look is, but if you are using virgin on the lid, you can use this in the crease to make your eyes pop. Heads up these colors are extremely pigmented, so a little goes a long way. Also, let me add now, that i love the names of these colors. Whoever has the job of naming eyeshadow has a very fun job. Sephora calls this color a champagne color, but it looks nothing like champagne. I lived in France, I know what champagne looks like, and it isn’t this. I call this more of a nude color that just looks awesome on. Continue reading
I remember growing up as a child wearing glasses. One day in second grade, I couldn’t see the board, and I told my mom and dad, and two weeks later I had my first pair of glasses that were made by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I remember being one of the only kids in the class wearing them, being called four eyes, and always hating my glasses until I got contacts in seventh grade after begging my parents to let me have them. at that point I was apathetic to my glasses, but I was quite upset that they let my older sister who had discovered she had bad eyesight much later in life get contacts before me. These were the days when wearing glasses wasn’t fashionable.
Now people may think I disliked my glasses because of the name calling, and getting teased as a child, but that swan;t the case. Being called four eyes never bothered me simply because it was true. The thing that bothered me was that I felt I was at a disadvantage compared to the other kids because I couldn’t see as well as them. For some sporting events, going swimming, and a variety of other things as a kid, I couldn’t see clearly more than ten feet in front of me. I remember as a child going waterfall sliding, and taking my glasses of, getting out on the wrong side of the river, and getting lost because I couldn’t figure out how to get back to my parents all because I couldn’t see a thing. My glasses were in my mom’s purse. She watched me from the other side getting lost, and knew she couldn’t do anything except let me figure out how to get back over. Continue reading
So I found this lovely tag on a beauty blogger’s page named ShakeyStacy (Thanks girl!), so I figured let’s give it a shot. After coming off of a photo shoot today, it’s nice to get back to doing something I love, which is makeup! Pictures for the shoot are to come!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? Basically straight, but if I let it completely air dry, it get these be achy waves to it.
.2. What is your natural hair color? Dirty Blonde, but I’ve got highlights in it as a way to cover up my ombré that I just decided I was done with. (Note to self: take about my ombré hair in a post)
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? I got to a salon, and then to my hairdresser Joe. He is one of the only people I trust with my hair.
4. How often do you wash your hair? Every other day, unless I’m all sweaty and yucky from running around doing stuff.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it? I like to mix it up. Although my closet has a ton of red in it (I’m trying to work on that), They are all of different styles. Currently, I’m into skirts and dresses, not just because it’s summer, but because them make me feel girly.
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon? I do my own, but every once in a while, I get a pedi with my mom.
7. How often to you change your nail polish? Usually twice a week because it chips. I sometimes do a repair job part way through just to get it looking pretty Continue reading